i have the travel bug.

you cannot tell me this is happening this early. not a chance. Oh, who am i kidding right now, I have the travel bug & right now, I’m literally out of my mind wishing i could travel right now. I probably brought it on myself, since this weekend i had to write a paper for school on something I’m passionate about [and i happened to chose my love of traveling & my love for different cultures]!

there are several very exciting trips in the works for 2013, but, I’m pretty sure I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. in the mean time, I am busy scouring around online for possible places i would love to go, and this one takes the cake. It’s called The Saguaro Palm Springs & all of these pictures are from their website. I think I’m in love! Do you think my boss would mind if i just left my job for a couple of weeks and took a vacation here? That’s a risk I’m willing to take!
Tell me if you’re as in love with this place as I am…

Much love,
Olivia

P.S. ok, forget the two weeks part; can i just move here?!

2,091 Comments

1. August 20, 2012 / 5:25 pm

I have the travel bug too!! 😀

2. July 29, 2015 / 3:03 pm

Thank you Graham for your observation which is sttlrciy correct, for it is only many parts of these models that are actually scratch-built. Some of the models include the greater part of them as being scratch-built eg the whole monocoque and its contents, the bodywork and all the suspension, relying only on the wheels, tyres, an engine block and a few small parts from a kit to bring about something unique in the 1/12 scale range, the Tyrrell 006 is a good example. All other models here are to varying degrees made from parts derived from raw materials, however if the term scratch-built can only apply to a model if every part of it is derived from raw materials, it would seem a little harsh to not be able to say that a monocoque, bodywork etc were scratch-built when in reality they were.The sections on Materials and Methods, Past, Present and Future are quite clear on these distinctions and many of the well-known commercially available models featured, are simply those built a long time ago, made as well as possible with increasing levels of super-detailing and modification.Mark

3. August 4, 2015 / 10:55 pm

I’m not easily impressed but you’ve done it with that posting.

4. August 13, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Umm, are you really just giving this info out for nothing?

5. August 13, 2015 / 9:51 pm

I really wish there were more articles like this on the web.

6. August 13, 2015 / 11:06 pm

The forum is a brighter place thanks to your posts. Thanks!

7. August 14, 2015 / 5:03 am

I have exactly what info I want. Check, please. Wait, it’s free? Awesome!

8. August 14, 2015 / 7:14 pm

I had no idea how to approach this before-now I’m locked and loaded.

9. August 14, 2015 / 7:40 pm

Thanks for writing such an easy-to-understand article on this topic.

10. August 15, 2015 / 1:28 am

That’s the best answer by far! Thanks for contributing.

11. August 16, 2015 / 12:05 am

A rolling stone is worth two in the bush, thanks to this article.