Frida Love.

Hello lovelies,

Do you know who Frida Kahlo is? She is one of my very favorite people. As a Mexican painter (of mainly self portraits), she depicted the struggles she faced in her life, as well as her passion for life in general with the most vibrant colors she possibly could. After I saw the movie Frida, I really came to understand who she was not only as a painter, but as a person. I am not one to get hung up in pop culture, or famous celebrities, however, I will say that I am obsessed with Frida. So, when I saw THESE sugar cookies on A Beautiful Mess, I knew I had to make my own. This is how they turned out….

Much love,
Olivia

Here is how I did it…

~ What You Need ~
1) Red Hot candies
2) Black licorice pieces
3) White frosting
4) Wilton candy flowers
5) Sugar cookies (I made my cookies with premade dough, since the decoration process took a while, but you can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe if you’d like to!)
Seriously though, I am so happy I made these! I was able to bring them to my Spanish class during Day of the Dead, and it was a great treat! If you have any questions on how I made these, comment below! I’ll leave you with some Frida inspiration so hopefully you’ll see why I love her so much!
“At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” Frida Kahlo
Share:

9 Comments

1. August 12, 2015 / 9:02 pm

372884 450778This web website is generally a walk-through its the data you wished concerning this and didnt know who ought to. Glimpse here, and youll certainly discover it. 561524

2. August 21, 2015 / 3:18 pm

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!

3. August 22, 2015 / 12:54 pm

539820 982440Hosting a weblog composing facility (in a broad sense) requires unlimited space. So I suggest you to discover such internet hosting (internet space provider) that give flexibility inside your internet space. 815888

4. August 25, 2015 / 12:29 pm

355897 252789So could be the green tea i buy in cans exactly the same as the regular tea youd buy to put within your morning cup? Ive been told is just normal green tea produced to be cooler, but does it have any affect as far as not speeding up your metabolism as rapidly as normal hot green tea? 451854

5. August 27, 2015 / 7:30 am

610899 945257hi there, your website is discount. Me thank you for do the job 45864

6. September 1, 2015 / 8:33 pm

117205 224621There is noticeably a bundle comprehend this. I suppose you produced specific good points in functions also. 167159

7. September 21, 2015 / 2:24 pm

101279 84252Be the precise blog if you have wants to learn about this topic. You comprehend considerably its nearly onerous to argue to you (not that I personally would needHaHa). You undoubtedly put a new spin for a topic thats been discussing for some time. Nice stuff, simply nice! 257157

8. September 23, 2015 / 9:19 am

151974 846224For anybody who is interested in enviromentally friendly items, may possibly possibly surprise for you the crooks to maintain in mind that and earn under a holder basically because kind dissolved acquire various liters to critical oil to make. day-to-day deal livingsocial discount baltimore washington 355895

9. September 27, 2015 / 4:55 am

569099 829495You need to get involved in a contest initial of the greatest blogs over the internet. Ill recommend this page! 860850