Oh goodness gracious! After pinning this recipe to my “Yummy Foods” Pinterest board, I decided it was time to give it a try. And, wow, was that a good decision! These quesadillas were extremely delicious! So, I thought I would give you all the recipe to hopefully enjoy as much as I did! It’s so so easy, too!
Servings: makes 1 quesadilla
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup packed spinach, steamed and squeezed to drain
- 1 tablespoon herbs (a combination of mint, dill and parsley), chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1 cup handfuls kasseri or mozzarella, shredded
- Mix the spinach, herbs, green onions and feta in a bowl.
- Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
- Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter and repeat with the second tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on the tortilla followed by the filling, the remaining cheese and finally the other tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side. (Tip: To easily flip the quesadilla place a plate onto the quesadilla in the pan and flip it from the pan to the plate and then slide it back into the pan.)
Picture via Pinterest…
Hello all you lovelies! Welcome to the easiest DIY of your life, my friends! I have been looking for the supplies for a long time now to do this, but if you stay patient to look for some cheap-o supplies, it definitely pays off big time! So… all you need is…
- Scrabble letters spelling out your choice of words. I chose “L-A-U-N-D-R-Y” but other choices could be words like “CLEAN” or “CLOTHES” or “FAVORITE” (for a favorite dress or top to be displayed on by chance…)
- A vintage hanger with a wooden part wide enough for the letters.
- A hot glue gun.
- This is so simple, you can probably guess just how to do it, but, I’ll tell you just in case!
- Heat up that hot glue gun ASAP & glue your letters to the hanger. [I attached mine in a bit of a haphazard way, because I like the way it looks much better than if I had attached them at perfect spacing and angles!]
That’s all folks, but I ADORE the result! I bought the Scrabble tiles inn a historic district in Iowa last summer when I was on vacation (check out the Amana Handcrafted Colonies HERE, because it is just too quaint!!!). Then, I just found the hanger at the Gypsy Caravan flea market that I talked about here. So, between the Scrabble letters & the hanger, I do believe this project cost me around $1.75! So expensive, right?! Hahaha, well I am a firm believer in bargaining away whenever it is appropriate, so if we ever go thrifting together, be prepared for me to put on my bargaining shoes! I hope you enjoyed this & hopefully you think the result is as adorable as I thought it was! Have a beautiful day!
Alright, I am very well aware that I am much due for another updated “My Favorite Things”, especially since this time of year usually brings some incredibly beautiful and inspirational clothing, prints, artwork and decor! So…enjoy! What are your current obsessions that you’d like to share?
1] [THIS] book by Lauren Conrad ~ “Style”. First of all, Let’s just face it; Lauren Conrad is just about the most adorable thing to hit this planet, and her book is a direct product of that. From tips on how to style your hair, to how to hit up the best vintage stores, she shares a plethora of great advice and so much of her adorable self in the book! read it.
colored pencils from “Miss Brittany’s Organic Preschool” Etsy shop have quickly become my favorite go-to gift for crafty friends! I have given countless sets of these away as gifts, and everyone who has received them loved them, so i finally broke down and bought myself a set, too. They are so precious, and a plus is that they are crafted from natural tree branches!
3] Sweet drinks like this.
It is lavender lemonade and it looks absolutely scrumptious. Perfect for a summer evening sitting on the porch talking with the neighbors! I am so obsessed!
4] This song is my life! I have it (along with Ellie Goulding’s “Lights” song) on constant repeat on my phone over and over! Their music video is pretty precious, too.
collection of ideas for homemade pizzas. First of all, a much healthier and affordable alternative to ordering pizza or even buying a junk frozen pizza at the market. And, since the beginning of 2012, I have been on a crazy healthy kick where I have added a “no sweets & treats” as well as “not very many processed food” to my already vegetarian diet, so these pizzas are working well for me. LOVE IT!
Today I would like to share exactly how I made my most favorite piece of artwork being displayed in my room as of right now. My melted crayon canvas turned out much better than I had expected, AND it was SO easy [and affordable to make!]…so, let’s get started!
What you need:
- A canvas (I used an 8″ x 8″ canvas & loved the results!)
- Enough crayons to line up along an entire edge of the canvas
- A glue gun
- An area of your house (or outside) that can get messy
1) First, start by lining up all of your crayons in whatever order you want along an edge of the canvas. (I put my crayons in the order of the rainbow, if that’s at all appealing…)
|2) Next, glue all the crayons to the canvas with your glue gun like this.
3) Finally, start blow-drying the crayons. It may take a while for the crayons to melt, but be patient! It is so worth the wait!
4) Just keep blow drying & it should turn out to look like…..
What do you think of it? Have any questions?? Ask away…
This past week, I made a really cute garland for my room that pretty much took me fifteen minutes to make. It’s probably the cutest craft that I’ve made that takes such a short amount of time! Here are the details of how I made it…
First, you’re going to need to get a lot of ribbon that is on the thin side.
Next, you’re going to need a deck of cards & a hole punch.
Next, hole punch two holes on opposite sides at the top of the card.
Finally, weave the ribbon through the cards, alternating showing different sides of the card like so.
Ta – Da! Here is the finished product, hanging above my closet. So fast & so fun!
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, and there will be many more to come, I’m sure! Have a great week!